Trainer - Electromechanical - Dept. of Corrections in Black River Falls or New Lisbon, WI
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region and is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all co-workers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn, dedicated to serving students, and committed to the principles of equity and social justice. Western believes that serving the full breadth of our student and co-worker populations requires cultural competency and enthusiasm for diversity of all kinds. We recognize the intersectional nature of discrimination and are committed to counteracting these biases and eliminating the effects they have had on our students, co-workers, and communities. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching, learning, social justice and equity, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position: The Electromechanical Department of Corrections (BIS) trainer collaborates with the college and partners, including but not limited to, local industry, workforce related organizations and the Department of Corrections to develop and deliver customized training and/or credit programs for employees/students in a particular field. Programs are held in facilities provided by the DOC. This trainer would be responsible for developing and providing quality academic curriculum, instruction, and assessment when delivering credit-based curriculum as a pathway to further education.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department. Perform other duties as assigned.
3. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western's culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
4. Program Coordination - Supporting Action/Task May Include:
- Provide First Choice Service while developing the incumbent workforce served by Western Technical College or students in the correctional system.
- Work in partnership with the DOC and Western staff & faculty to develop and maintain programming specific to students in the correctional system.
- Provide recommendations and information for necessary curriculum, equipment, and supplies needed to maintain or expand programming in the DOC setting.
5. Instruction - Supporting Action/Task May Include:
- Develop and deliver instructional design activities.
- Address and refer student concerns to BIS and/or the DOC.
- Guide and support students on one-to-one basis outside the classroom as well as in classroom setting.
- Assist students in developing critical thinking skills to understand/apply concepts of subject matter to vocational, ethical, social, and personal practices.
6. Classroom and Equipment Management - Supporting Action/Task May Include:
- Monitor student progress and conduct student assessments and evaluations as required.
- Integrate the college core abilities as well as program outcomes and course competencies in partnership with the ITC division instructors.
- Maintain and update the BIS or DOC inventory of educational training equipment, supplies, and curriculum.
- Associates Degree in Electromechanical Technology or related discipline. Must agree to progress towards completing a Bachelor's degree
- Two years directly related occupational experience. One of these two years (2000 hours) must be within the last five years.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (Electromechanical Technology, Mechatronics, Industrial Maintenance, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Automation) preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have the following experience: HMI, VFD, motion, networks, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair, instrumentation and motors in Rockwell Automation.
- Teaching experience
- Starting annual salary range based on education and experience: $57,463-$74,7
This position would include competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, WRS and, Employee Wellness Programs more.
Applicant review will begin: Monday, May 15, 2023
Start Date of: Summer 2023