The Division of Facilities Planning & Management (FP&M) is a full-spectrum service organization that builds, maintains, and operates the physical environment of the UW-Madison campus in support of the university's education, research, and outreach activities. FP&M works behind the scenes to coordinate campus planning, manage design and construction, maintain and operate buildings and grounds, supply utility services, ensure health and safety, and provide parking and transportation services.
The Booth Attendant position requires a person who has excellent interpersonal communication skills, is deadline-oriented, has strong judgement and problem solving skills, and is customer service focused in their work. The Booth Attendant is responsible for effectively operate a cash register and handle transactions.
Manages the operation of parking booths, leads and assists staff, and performs cash control and audit duties. Establishes and maintains a high level of customer service and works with other units to solve parking problems.
- 40% Exchanges tickets and cash from customers as they enter or leave facilities
- 15% Maintains fee computers
- 10% Ensures safe and doors are locked whenever leaving the booth and at the end of each shift
- 10% Informs customers of parking policies and acts courteously. Assists customers by giving directions, calling for emergencies, and locating vehicles
- 10% Maintains lots by contacting enforcement for the citation or removal of vehicles that are illegally parked
- 5% Assists in the training of new employees
- 5% Monitors and responds to traffic flow with a high level working knowledge of T2/SkiData parking
systems to spontaneously resolve lot traffic issues.
- 5% Continuously updates knowledge of UW Paking rules/regs. with effective communication skills to
convey this information to the customer.
No prior experience necessary
3:15 pm to 11:45 pm
Minimum $18.50 HOURLY
Depending on Qualifications
Employees in this position can expect to receive benefits such as generous vacation, holidays, and paid time off; competitive insurance and savings accounts; retirement benefits.
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.