WCER HR Associate Director
Salary: Minimum $92,000 depending on qualifications
Anticipated begin date: February 1, 2023
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in progressively more responsible human resources positions, including experience in workforce relations and talent
- Experience supervising staff and/or leading human resources
- Demonstrated history of and/or commitment to promoting social justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in procedures, processes, and workplace
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with developing and implementing strategies toward organizational success and
- Significant knowledge, and ability to apply, human resources and employment theory, law, and best practices to create a positive work environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and procedures for talent acquisition, employee engagement and retention, compensation and benefits, professional development and training, employee relations and human resources information systems.
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and labor laws (FMLA, ADA FLSA, Title IX, ).
Preferred Experience, knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience prioritizing work in a multi-faceted and changing
- Ability to provide leadership, collaborate on teams, and consult effectively and
- History of customer service-orientation to working with hiring managers, staff, recruitment candidates and stakeholders within and outside an organization.
- Demonstrated success as a supervisor motivating, supporting, and retaining a team to create a positive work environment and focus on customer service and
- Skilled at diagnosing problems and identifying appropriate solutions in a team
- Ability to provide guidance in sensitive, confidential
- Demonstrated record of identifying and implementing innovative strategies that have enhanced HR services for employees and project
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s preferred) in related field
License/Certification: Preferred certifications include SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP/SHRM-PHR/SPHR
The person in this position will be a trusted leader in multiple areas: As a business leader, they will implement and monitor the use of approved policies and procedures, audit the program budget, and approve unit expenditures. As part of their business leadership, they will also oversee daily HR operations, including payroll, benefits, and workforce relations. As a talent leader, they will lead a team of HR professionals to recruit, hire, and retain a high-quality workforce prepared to address challenges in an education research environment. As a strategic leader, they will support the planning, implementation, and management of strategic initiatives for the center's HR functions such as recruitment, employment relations, performance management, compensation and classification, and payroll and benefits. This position will report to WCER's Chief Operating Officer (COO).
The successful candidate will have a continuous improvement mindset; will be committed to fostering an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion in WCER; and must possess the ability to effectively interact and communicate with employees, principal investigators, and administrative leadership. The position requires excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills, and the ability to work under pressure to meet multiple demands while maintaining high service standards. All work is done in a collaborative team environment in support of WCER's values and strategic priorities.
- 20% Assists with planning, implementation, and management of strategic initiatives for one or more human resources function
- 5% Audits the unit budget and approves expenditures
- 10% Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- 15% Implements, operationalizes, and monitors the use of policies and procedures to comply with laws, regulations, institutional policies, and unit objectives
- 15% Identifies needs and recommends improvements to leadership regarding HR matters such as workforce performance and competency gaps, organizational structures, compensation discrepancies and assists with the development of training plans and mitigation strategies as needed
- 20% Coordinates HR activities, such as recruitment, pay administration programs, new hire orientation, employee benefits, and health and safety plans, through managerial HR staff
- 15% Serves as an advisor and liaison to unit managers and staff providing organization information and interpretation of human resources policies and procedures
- Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application As part of the application process, you will be required to submit:
- A cover letter addressed to Merideth Trahan describing how your experience and qualifications meet the requirements of this position
- A current resume
- A list with the contact information of at least three professional references
Contact: Kelly Krahenbuhl, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.