The Division of Facilities Planning & Management (FP&M) is a full-spectrum service organization that builds, maintains, and operates the physical environment of the UW-Madison campus in support of the university's education, research, and outreach activities. FP&M works behind the scenes to coordinate campus planning, manage design and construction, maintain and operate buildings and grounds, supply utility services, ensure health and safety, and provide parking and transportation services.
The Financial Supervisor is an integral part of the Business Services team in Transportation Services, a department within the Division of FP&M. This is an excellent opportunity to be able to assist in day-to-day operations with supervision as a component. This position will work with multiple different facets of business services. Transportation Services is an auxiliary unit at UW-Madison, so provides unique opportunities for the successful candidate.
Supervises and leads a team of administrative support across a variety of administrative service areas including budget, finance, procurement, and human resources with impact across the institution in support of unit or institutional goals.
- 40% Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- 20% Implements and executes established policies and procedures for a designated work unit to adhere to unit objectives and to align with established strategies
- 5% Schedules logistics and secures resources for a designated work unit to contribute to the day-to-day operational success
- 5% Analyzes data and trends, compiles progress reports, and provides appropriate recommendations or conclusions in support of the assigned operational work unit(s)
- 5% Assists, recommends, and advises staff, on unit or program administrative issues, personnel matters, and budgetary problems
- 5% Develops, schedules, and prioritizes unit or program work plans in accordance with specifications and resource limitations
- 10% Audits and confirms the accuracy of financial reporting from the fiance unit in Transportation Services
- 5% Supports the Business Manager in the daily management of revenue and expense reconciliation, investigating discrepancies and providing customer refunds, when appropriate
- 5% Serves as a back up to Financial Specialists (II & III) in the event that they are out of the office and unable to perform their daily work
Preferred focus in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
Preferred focus in Business, Finance, Accounting, Leadership or related field
2 years of work experience and 2 years of supervisory, leadership, or management experience required
Minimum $60,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
The starting salary for the position is $60,000 annually but is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Employees in this position can expect to receive benefits such as generous vacation, holidays, and paid time off; competitive insurance and savings accounts; retirement benefits.
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.