Isthmus Engineering and Manufacturing Cooperative, a manufacturer of Custom Automation
Equipment, is looking for a Full-Time Purchasing Agent/Buyer with 5-10 years of purchasing
experience, preferably in Manufacturing.
The Purchasing Agent/Buyer’s primary function will be soliciting quotes, placing purchase orders,
creating/sending, confirmations, delivery status, etc. This position will also be responsible for raw
material and MRO ordering, managing material returns, oversight of several supplier VMI programs,
and the renewal of annual maintenance contracts.
IEM’s employee-owned, worker-cooperative structure provides a unique opportunity to not only work
with a highly skilled and dedicated group of people but to also participate in a democratically run
Essential Job Duties
• Utilize EPICOR KINETIC - ERP software to import Bill of Materials into Jobs. Review all MRP and MRO
requisitions and place purchase orders accordingly. Ensure the prompt purchase of materials,
parts, and components.
• Communicate order status to all stakeholders as well as any pricing or delivery issues.
• Negotiate pricing and payment terms, as well as Master Sales Agreements, and discount structures.
• Process returns of excess or defective materials.
• Collaborate with Manufacturing and Purchasing teammates, and back each other up as required.
• Experience with ERP systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
• Math skills, English / Metric conversion, familiarity with manufacturing and engineering terminology.
Other Beneficial Skills/Experience
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints
• Shipping & Receiving experience
• EPICOR job operation and material routing experience
• Business process improvement experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or Purchasing Certification(s)
A successful candidate must be self-motivated, highly organized, and able to prioritize.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com No phone calls, please.